09 July 2008

Builds 1

Okay, so some filler so my miniscule ... errrm ... devoted following doesn't feel abandoned.

Just kidding.

Thought I would post some things I have done in Second Life up here to share. Just 'cuz I can.

So my first presentation is my first real build. Sometime I will show you my first actual build, but this is the first one I did for someone else. It is based on a Dutch colonial office building in Mojiko, Japan, and was designed specifically to fit in a tight little cove. The trees and the boat were purchased, but everything else is mine, mine, mine. Oh, the vending machines are freebies made by others too. Come to think of it, I bought lots of little knick-knacks for it. A weather vane. A man-hole cover. Fish. Office furniture for the "rental office". Oh well. Need to dress these things properly.

Except for the interior wallpaper, the windows, and the mosaic tile on the inner platform, the textures involved creative use of freebies and/or stuff I made myself.

There is even a secret fort hidden away in it for when I want to hide. Okay, so easy to find since you can find my dot on the map, but ... well ... bump skeletons are wonderful things. As soon as av's learn to duck, I'm doomed.

It is a shade prim-heavy, but not terribly so. The staircase running up the mountain probably uses the most.

It was designed as a commercial center, though I have to admit, no one has moved into it. Then again, I also admit, we haven't put much effort into renting it out. Somewhere around none, in fact. Though we have held some nice parties on the roof. The space is available, but better hurry, I am working on filling up two shops already and about to start on a third. Only two large shops and 8 boutiques left to go. A preference for art, crafts, realism, echt, and Asian influenced work.

View 1

View 2

No comments: