10 September 2008

Form Letter

Was cleaning out my mail boxes and found this. It was a gem. Brightened my day with a good laugh. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Hello, my name is Gurn Blanston and I am a technical recruiter with the Computer Markup.

We are among the top 34 Information Technology Services Companies nationally with revenues approaching $200 million for 2008 and provide a variety of information technology consulting assignments, permanent placement, managed staffing and project services to our mature client base that include state, local and federal organizations as well as Fortune 1000 companies. We have over 5,000 consultants working at our clients today.

I am contacting you because your resume looks excellent for a technical position with a prestigious client for which we are currently sourcing. I’d like to speak with you at your earliest convenience and can be reached at 1-800-000-0000. If you prefer to contact me via email my address is gbl@markups.com.

If you’d like, please also visit our website, www.markups.com. It will be very helpful in having you learn more about us. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Gurn

POSITION DESCRIPTION

Mail Clerk

[the rest is omitted because there isn't much else to say.]

Something about all that hype, reaching someone with nearly 20 years of industry experience, then I get to the job description. Was too funny to be offended.

No comments: