15 September 2008

HPeony

Okay, I want.

I'll switch back to a Windows computer if it looks like this ...

Or maybe I'll just install Linux or something.

Computer from HP but much better pictures on designboom.

So people look at me funny when, given my background and my skill base, they find I'm a Mac person. I tell them: I've worked twenty years in various capacities as a programmer and developer and educator for the same. I really don't want to have to think about how I'm doing what I'm doing, I just want to focus on the doing. Computers are tools, not objects of worship. Therefore, they should do exactly what you want them to do in the easiest, least complicated, most transparent way possible.

Give me aesthetically pleasing and easy to use over beefed up with everything but the kitchen sink any day.

The fact that they can look really pretty while doing what I need it to do is just icing on the cake. It is probably telling that before being a Mac person I was a Sony person.

Okay, easy to use is a loaded term. I still do all my development work in code editors, because, well ... it's easier to use than navigating the menu hells of GUIs.

But this one ... I still want. Hope it's not too expensive.

No comments: