04 August 2008

Reviews: Von Johin

If you want good old school, dusky R&B in your Second Life experience, this is your man. I hate to say it, but I think I just found someone I like better than Komuso Tokugawa (don't tell him I said that though).

Von Johin is like a glass of smooth whiskey on a cool, quiet summer evening, if you like whiskey, that is. I mean, for those who do, I don't have to say any more. For those who don't like whiskey, kk, your loss. Okay, I confess, I have to be in a pretty foul mood to think whiskey tastes good. Maybe that is why it is a drink that goes so well with the blues. It is the taste of misery, and it sooths the heart to drink it.

Von Johin himself is not a glass of whiskey, though it is Second Life, so why not? But he is a serious performer, complete with corporate sponsorship. Okay, having family in the industry, I can say that means alot. Guitar companies don't encourage you to use their logo unless you can make people swoon to have a six (or twelve) stringed marvel of their own. And well, yeah, his playing is very swooney.

Definitely worth throwing those Lindens at. Book him at your next event so I can come and party. Okay, should probably let me know first so I am not off grocery shopping in Real Life though.

Ooops. This was supposed to be tomorrow's post. Oh well.

No comments: